Benefits of a Conservatory
Creating more space, adding value to your home, bringing a touch of class to your property, there are plenty of reasons why installing a conservatory can make a difference. If you have been thinking about getting a conservatory installed on your property but are still not convinced that it is a good idea then here are just a few of the benefits.
- Home extensions can be extremely costly and building a conservatory is seen as a cheap way to improve the look of a house and add valuable space without causing too much damage to the bank account. Of course, it all depends on the type of conservatory you having built, but there are plenty of options out there to meet most budgets.
- Conservatories are not just installations for homes with big gardens. With most of us nowadays having to live with limited space, they are a great way to increase light and room in your property.
- Whether you want to kick back on a lounger and read the morning paper or spend time with friends and family at the dinner table, a conservatory puts you closer to the natural world of your garden at all times of the year.
- There is a much greater choice available to consumers in the design and installation of conservatories nowadays. You can opt for different models from simple Mediterranean to more intricate Victorian designs or choose to have a bespoke conservatory that better fits the type of home you have.
- With the right design, you can use your conservatory for anything you wish, including as an extension to your kitchen, a dining room, a place to grow plants, a lounge to sit and relax, a music or art room to get in touch with your creative side or even a spare room for watching TV.
Bespoke vs Pre-Made Conservatories
You can, of course, now buy pre-fabricated conservatories particularly from DIY stores that are made to certain measurements. Installers too often offer a range of different pre-made solutions that can be used for your home and are quick and easy to install. A lot will depend on the budget that you have to complete the build but is worth considering the benefits of a bespoke solution which may well cost a little more but can also deliver more exactly what you want.
- You are investing in a design and quality that is tailored to your property.
- You are more likely to get a higher quality build that is more durable and designed to last for a good number of years.
- It’s more likely to fit your property exactly and, installed by a conservatory expert, will look great.
- Most installers now offer free estimates and evaluations so that you have a clear idea of how much it is going to cost.
- You get a much greater choice of materials such as aluminium, wood or uPVC as well as designs across the board.
DIY vs Professional Installation of Your Conservatory
This is often a question of cost, what you want to do and what you want to use your conservatory for. You can buy prefabricated conservatories for as little as a thousand pounds and this is fine if you simply want to use it as something like a greenhouse or to provide cover for your back door. If you have the right DIY experience it can be relatively simple to install but will, of course, be fairly basic.
If you want to have a higher quality installation then you need to get a professional in to do it. They will be able to advise the best design and make sure that things like current building requirements are met.
Find out more about conservatory installers here.