Bi-fold installation issue
Banner

Author Topic: Bi-fold installation issue  (Read 527 times)

andrew.ben.hales

• Hello I am new here
    • View Profile
Bi-fold installation issue
« on: October 18, 2018, 01:29:46 PM »
Hi Everyone, 

I am hoping you guys can help and provide some advise regarding an installation issue I have using a third party.

We have recently upgraded our conservatory and have moved a set of bi-fold doors from where they were previously installed, between our living room and conservatory; to the rear of the conservatory, meaning they are now the external doors leading into the garden.

The work involved bricking up two sides of the conservatory, and installing a weight bearing lintel to the conservatory opening. The width and height of the gap was measured to fit the set of bi-fold doors we had in place already.

Unfortunately upon removing the bi-fold doors and re-siting them at the rear of the conservatory, the gap was too small vertically to fit the set of doors. As a result the third party removed a layer of brickwork along the floor of the opening and sunk the doors into this gap to make them fit. As a result the bottom track of the doors no longer sit flush with the level of the floor, which as you can imagine I am not too happy about.

In your expert opinion, do you think this situation could have been avoided, for example,  if the existing doors were properly measured, the company had consulted your bi-fold door manufacturers for the sunken track details, or they had consulted the manufacturer direct via phone or email for advise?

I appreciate this is a bit of an unusual request, however your opinion and insight in this matter would be really valuable to me!

Many thanks,
Andy

Find a local installer

Welcome to the biggest directory of Window & Conservatory Installers in the UK

Or

COMPARE PRICES FROM LOCAL INSTALLERS

Compare prices from local companies fast & free

Enter your postcode to compare quotes from leading professionals. We promise to keep your information Safe & Secure. Privacy Policy

Press Esc to close